The details on plumbing and heating specialists
Are you renovating your bathroom? Or are you having a home, multifamily dwelling or commercial building constructed and need to have a full plumbing and heating system installed? Then you’ll need to call on the services of a skilled, professional plumbing company. But which one? How can you make sure you’re calling the right expert? The plumbing profession encompasses several different specialties, so you need to clearly identify the nature of the work to be done and then choose the right technician to do it. For example, certain plumbers specialize in sanitary systems, while others specialize in heating systems or radiant floor heating. But what about a plumbing and heating specialist?
What’s a plumbing and heating specialist?
As the name suggests, this type of professional specializes in both areas at the same time. Plumbing and heating specialists can perform all of the tasks related to the installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing and heating systems. Therefore, they’re equally qualified to work on new constructions and renovations of existing homes, multifamily dwellings and commercial buildings. Furthermore, they’ve mastered all of the technical specifications related to sanitary, thermal and heating equipment, as well as those related to pipes, plumbing fixtures and sources of energy (for heating).
Here are some of the things they can do when it comes to plumbing:
- Install and repair hot and cold water supply lines in your home
- Install and repair wastewater drainage systems in accordance with best practices
- Install check valves
- Intervene in the event of plumbing malfunctions (clogged toilets, water leaks, water heater problems, etc.)
- Install and service bathroom and kitchen equipment
- Install and service toilets and water heaters
Here are some of the things they can do when it comes to heating:
- Install, repair and service all heating systems, whether hot water (hydronic) floor heating, electric heating or gas heating
- Intervene in the event of a problem with any of your heating equipment
- Perform annual maintenance on your boiler and all types of heating equipment, repairing any anomalies in order to prevent leaks and outages, verifying that the burners are working correctly, etc.
- Provide expert advice to guide you in choosing the best boiler or heating system to meet your needs
How to recognize a good professional
To guarantee the performance of your systems and benefit from professional services that offer substantial value for your money, you’ll need to choose a verified plumbing and heating expert.
To ensure that you’re making a wise choice, you should look for a plumber with the following qualifications:
- A license from the Quebec Building Authority (RBQ), as this is a guarantee of safety and quality
- Membership in the Corporation of Master Pipe Mechanics of Quebec (CMMTQ), as this ensures that the professional is in good standing and meets all required qualifications and specifications
- Certification from Énergir (formerly Gaz Métro) in the case of work involving gas systems, as this is proof of the professional’s quality and expertise
Are you looking for a skilled, experienced, reliable plumbing and heating specialist in the Montreal area? Contact the certified experts at Plomberie Roger Chayer Inc.